To ensure that patients’ needs are met by being the partner of choice for all of our customers, though our four pillars of…
Vijay and Bhikhu Patel, who together founded Waymade PLC, have seen it grow from a single chemist’s shop in Essex into a pharmaceuticals company with a turnover in excess of £300m at its peak.
- 1970s Establishment and expansion of Chemy’s, the retail pharmacies, into a chain of over 20 branches.
- 1980s Sale of Chemy’s. Establishment of Waymade PLC, initially as a wholesale business.
- 1990s Rapid growth of the wholesale business.
- 2000s Ongoing growth of the wholesale business. Establishment and growth of Amdipharm, a speciality pharmaceutical business.
- 2010s Sale of Amdipharm in 2012. Sale of the wholesale business in 2013. Expansion of Sovereign Medical. Investment in Sovereign 3PL and Sovereign Laboratories. Establishment of Atnahs Pharma in 2013 and subsequent growth.