MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- You will be required to manage the Goods-In business unit to GDMP standards. Continually evolve systems and personnel training to capture the demands of the Business but with emphasis of maintaining the guidelines. You will be knowledgeable on all aspects of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and ensure compliance is maintained across all incoming and transferred goods/ components. Confident and able to manage an efficient team handling arrival of product and components sourced through Commercial departments, internal and third parties and priorities demands accordingly through the business. A high emphasis on HSE guidelines with all equipment used within the area.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS – Criminal record check) and have a 5 year checkable work history.
- Lead and take full responsibility for the goods-in function and personnel across multi warehouse/sites.
- Co-ordinate the goods in process, receipting of all material and consumables.
- Ensuring that systems give an accurate representation of both the quantity and quality of stock.
- Matching of Purchase Orders to delivery notes.
- Responsible for scanning all incoming good for serial numbers confirming FMD compliance and reporting of any non-conforming goods that may be received.
- Recording of all Goods-In Routines, including Materials Texts, Label Checks and Counts, with any anomalies communicated to Senior Management
- Ensuring that scans are taken and saved in the goods in folder by their batch number when a new delivery of material arrives.
- Working closely with suppliers and section staff to ensure all material arriving is in accordance with purchase order specifications
- Have a clear understanding of the company’s policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these.
- Keep up to date with current GDP guidelines, co-ordinate department training to enable the department to operate effectively within these guidelines.
- Able to manage a team and ensure the smooth running of the goods-in area
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Be proactive and confident in decision making
- Manage Booking slots from suppliers and managing goods-in diary
- Motivate, organise, and encourage teamwork within the workforce
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security in the work environment
- Liaise with Supply Chain Management to ensure stock is moved through and space for deliveries is provided
- Responsible for the inter-depot transfers, ensuring a quick turnaround is provided
- Plan future capacity requirements
- Timely and effective communication between Intake, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality and regulatory.
- Planning and organising skills to effectively manage the flow of stock
- Identify and deliver efficiency improvements on intake checks
- Accountable for providing lab samples in accordance with sampling plan.
- The role will require a majority of your time to be spent working alongside your teams and supporting and coaching them through their daily activities and identifying areas of improvement.
- Take full responsibility for receiving, locating, completing data cycle for goods received with data loggers and preparing and sending gathered data on to relevant parties.
- Ensure all customer returns are fully inspected, scanned, verified for FMD status, quarantined, and then take responsibility for locating for onward sale or transferred for destruction.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are established and maintained
- Performs miscellaneous duties, which are work related, other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Appropriate business qualification or proven experience within a FMCG/Pharma environment
- Experience in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) processes and procedures.
- Excellent analytical skillsets
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving in a timely fashion
- Cross functional development of team working throughout the business and with external partners/agencies.
- IT literate to intermediary level
- Ability to work to deadlines and be able to prioritise
- Good keen eye for detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good business knowledge and understanding
- To ensure a smooth running of the Goods-in function across multi sites/departments.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety standards are maintained throughout Operations and in line with the Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- Ensure that the internal and external cleaning of Company premises is presentable always
Conduct regular review meetings with team members ensuring that refresher training is conducted as and when required.
- Perform additional responsibilities or projects as requested by the Head of Operations and/or Managing Director.
- Ensure compliance with the latest GDP regulations
- Ensure compliance with the latest CAA regulations
- Ensure that the provisions of Waymade PLC’s licence are observed
- Positive/personable attitude at all times.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to assist.
- Look for ways to continually improve current work activity.
- To be punctual, polite and courteous to others at all times.
- To adhere to the Company’s policy and procedures at all times.
- Demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and passion
GCSE’s, Grade A-D in Maths and English
Fork Lift Experience
IOSH / NEBOSH Certification
Management / Leadership Skills
Experience & Competences:
Proven experience working within a pharmaceutical environment
Proven experience managing teams
Experience of managing a good-in department
Previous experience of creating procedures and policies
Proven experience analysing and producing meaningful reports and data
Experience of working in a target driven environment
Knowledge & Skills:
Excellent communication, both written and oral
Excellent working knowledge of Good Distribution Practice (GDP), Good Manufacturing Practice, (GMP) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Health and Safety Regulations and Fire Regulations
Ability to operate and understand Warehouse Management Systems
Good people management skills
Excellent planning and time management skills
Ability to work on own initiative
Ability to manage multiple projects as well as being able to set priorities in order and address as they arise.
Ability to make decisions under pressure
IT literate in Microsoft Software Packages, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
Enthusiastic and highly motivated
Positive attitude and flexible approach to work
Self-starting and able to work on own initiative
Reliable and punctual
Before you complete this form
Please download and complete the Waymade job application form using the link below. The completed application must then be attached to this form.
Download the Waymade job application form