MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
You will be responsible for assisting the Site Planning Manager in carrying out and maintaining the day-to-day processes required to ensure an efficient, effective, and achievable production schedule for on time in full delivery for all customers, both third party and internal. You will assist the Site Planning manager in liaising with all departments within the business through the mapped supply chain process from initial purchase demand, to ordering the required components from suppliers that are received via Goods in, Planning Production, onto Internal/External Lab services, through to Quality for assessment through to QP and final release.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Production, Purchasing, Goods In, Lab and Quality teams to maintain and improve scheduling parameters
- Track material shortages, escalate any material issues to the Site Planning manager and assist in providing immediate resolution
- Order materials for use in production using MRP
- Prepare reports for planning metrics and analyse results to recommend required improvements in performance
- Maintain business awareness of any potential capacity \ labour utilisation issues
- Maintain departmental KPI’s and implement actions for improvements where required
- Work cross functionally to identify improvements to current process with a view to attain higher levels of customer service\operational efficiency
- Contribute to ensure NPD is delivered on time and in full
- Create and monitor weekly schedules to ensure on-time delivery in full to third party and internal customers
- Plan, schedule and monitor material movement in the process cycle to ensure continuous operations.
- Plan and co-ordinate cost effective componentry deliveries with the Site planning manager for production and the warehouse to ensure componentry is on site and available in time to achieve production schedules
- Maintain the optimum stock level of critical componentry required by production
- Review supplier forecasts, to plan componentry delivery and create effective production schedules
- Help to maintain Sage ERP accuracy for BOM and Component obsolescence.
- Attend daily production meetings with other key departments within the business to escalate and provide resolution to potential issues to supply or service level agreements with third party customers.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in adherence to the relevant business SOP’s
- Cover basic day to day processes carried out by the Site planning manager in their absence (holiday or not on site)
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are established and maintained.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven experience within a FMCG/Pharma environment
- Experience in SOP processes and procedures, supply planning desirable
- Good analytical skillsets
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving in a timely fashion
- High level of self-motivation
- IT literate to intermediary level
- Ability to work to a high standard both independently, and within a team to meet deadlines
- High levels of organisational skills, being able to prioritise multiple workloads to meet deadlines
- Keen eye for detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good business knowledge and understanding
- Positive/personable attitude at all times. Highly self-aware.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to learn and progress within the business
- Look for ways to continually improve current work activity.
- To be punctual, polite and courteous to others at all times.
- To adhere to the Company’s policy and procedures at all times.
- Demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and passion
Before you complete this form
Please download and complete the Waymade job application form using the link below. The completed application must then be attached to this form.
Download the Waymade job application form