Reports to: Head of Operations
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a Production Engineer, you will continually strive to achieve consistent and efficient output whilst maintaining exceptionally high-quality levels. The post holder must be a proficient time served engineer with experience bias towards electrical controls and PLCs whilst maintaining a competence in mechanical machinery and components preferably in a GMP controlled environment and have prior knowledge of Pharmaceutical processes and packaging machinery.
• Responding to break downs and repairing equipment.
• Setting up/changing over production lines in preparation for production.
• Investigate problems, analyse root cause, and derive resolutions.
• Provide engineering support for production and maintenance activities to ensure maximum production.
• Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities.
• Develop best practices to improve production capacity, quality, and reliability.
• Stay current with production specifications, engineering technology and production processes.
• Perform engineering analysis to reduce downtime and outages.
• Purchasing and installing equipment.
• Procurement of consumables and spares.
• Planning and coordinate production engineering process daily to produce high quality products.
• Liaising with suppliers, customers
• Managing budgets and monitor department spend.
• Provide training and guidance to team members to accomplish production goals.
• Evaluate current production activities and make recommendations for improvements.
• Implement cost reduction initiatives while maintain high quality standards.
• Develop process improvements to effectively utilize equipment and materials to maximize production.
• Design new equipment, processes, procedures, and systems.
• Maintain relevant safety objectives and legal requirement.
• Develop operations strategies to achieve production and financial objectives.
• Demonstrate experience in installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide and varied range of electrical systems.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Good organisational skills.
• Problem solving abilities.
• Attention to detail.
• Commercial Awareness.
• Communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to make decisions and be fully accountable.
• Maintain professional standards.
• Always adhere to the company’s policies and procedures.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Be always polite and courteous to internal and external customers.
• Willing to remain adaptable and flexible.
Apprenticeship served (preferably within a pharmaceutical environment).
Good electrical engineering qualification.
Excellent IT skills.
Experience & Competences
Electrical & PLC bias.
Knowledge & Skills
Excellent communication, both written and oral English.
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages.
Understanding of all the applications of electrical engineering.
Excellent knowledge of the installation and maintenance of electrical systems and equipment.
Ability to multi task and prioritise.
Pro-active and self-motivated with well organised and logical approach to work.
Positive attitude and flexible approach to work.
Excellent communication skills when working with others, works well as part of a team.
Before you complete this form
Please download and complete the Waymade job application form using the link below. The completed application must then be attached to this form.
Download the Waymade job application form