Reports to: Head of Operations
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
You will be required to organize and monitor processes according to demand and quality standards. Confident and able to manage product & components sourced thru Commercial departments, internal and 3rd parties and prioritise demands accordingly through the business. You will need to liaise with all departments through the mapped supply chain process from initial purchase demand, to arrival via Goods In or Production, onto Internal/External Lab services, through to and whilst within Quality for assessment through to QP and final release.
• Coordinate with Supply Chain, Production, Purchasing, Goods In, Lab and Quality teams to develop and maintain scheduling parameters.
• Working with the marketing & commercial teams, maintain a high-level understanding of the retail market and possible effects on forward demand
• Track material shortages and provide immediate resolution.
• Prepare weekly reports about the production process for managers and suggest ways to improve efficiency.
• Ensure the overall capacity & utilisation plan delivers both stockholding and factory efficiency/labour utilisation requirements
• Maintain business awareness of any potential capacity \ labour utilisation issues
• Gain a full understanding of the distribution plan and that link through demand and supply
• Set KPI’s and actions for improvements where required
• Review and evolve the supply planning system – including a demonstrated capacity process to ensure that current performance data is always being used
• Work cross functionally to identify improvements to current process with a view to attain higher levels of customer service\operational efficiency
• Contribute to ensure NPD is delivered on time and in full
• Monitor workflow and schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
• Plan, schedule and monitor material movement in the process cycle to ensure continuous operations.
• Assist purchasing department in coordinating and planning supplier deliveries.
• Generate production reports to Managers for critical decision-making purposes
• Assist to obtain and manage all orders and deliveries for all external processes and prepare reports to be presented to management and manage demand and supply of all materials.
• Collaborate with all stakeholders to perform various strategies and coordinate with managers to monitor all supply chain activities and resolve all availability issues.
• Prepare reports for all planning activity metrics and analyse all results to recommend required improvements in performance and collaborate with procurement manager to forecast all required strategies.
• Creating and updating Sage ERP BOM records where applicable
• Maintaining Sage ERP accuracy for BOM and Component obsolescence.
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Appropriate business qualification to degree level or proven experience within a FMCG/Pharma environment
• Experience in SOP processes and procedures, supply planning
• Excellent analytical skillsets
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Pragmatic approach to problem solving in a timely fashion
• Cross functional development of team working throughout the business and with external partners
• IT literate to intermediary level
• Ability to work to deadlines and be able to prioritise
• Good keen eye for detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Good business knowledge and understanding
• Perform component inventory management according to company policies.
• Monitor & maintain production and raw material costs.
• Develop effective visual scheduling process(s) to achieve objectives.
• Ownership and responsibility for achieving personal growth and development for the team.
• High energy and self-motivated, and confident of leading change
• Positive/personable attitude at all times. Highly self-aware.
• Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to assist.
• Look for ways to continually improve current work activity.
• To be punctual, polite and courteous to others at all times.
• To adhere to the Company’s policy and procedures at all times.
• Demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and passion
• GCSE’s, Grade A-D in Maths and English
Experience & Competences
• Proven experience as production planner with in a GMP environment.
• Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles. Experience of working within complex product streams
• Capable of working to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
• Experience in MRP II (manufacturing resource planning)
• Experience of working in a target driven environment
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent verbal & written skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong decision-making skills able to make decisions under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple projects as well as being able to set prioritise in order to address as they arise
• IT literate in Microsoft Software Packages, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook With the ability to use in-house databases
• Highly motivated, professional and self-disciplined able to work on own initiative
• Positive attitude and flexible approach to work
• Able to integrate well as part of a team
• Reliable and punctual
Before you complete this form
Please download and complete the Waymade job application form using the link below. The completed application must then be attached to this form.
Download the Waymade job application form