MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The stock control manager is fully responsible for all aspects of inventory control. You will be responsible for ensuring the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system data reflects an accurate picture of stock in its current availability status, location, and count. You will be responsible for planning and overseeing all inventory audits with the main emphasis being the annual stock check in January. You will be responsible for identifying poor practices within stock movements, carrying out route cause analysis and provide solutions to system and/or practices to bring under control.
• Compares physical inventories to system and analyses information from records such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
• Verifies administration inputs against physical count of stock and adjust errors in computation or count or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
• Ensure that work orders are fully and properly completed and that all stocks have been correctly allocated to corresponding jobs
• Prepares reports such as inventory balance, and shortages, variances, etc.
• Create and maintains accurate written procedures for the primary inventory control functions and processes, ensuring accuracy and integrity of the stock management system implemented
• Provides routine management data regarding inventory performance, which involves evaluating and monitoring usage and cost of materials, consumables, and scrap
• Prepares cycle count schedule.
• Resolve negative records daily.
• Minimize obsolescence risk.
• Provide support for production leaders, work centre inventory reconciliation and production reporting.
• Ability to work to deadlines and be able to prioritise
• Responsible for maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels
• Reports variances such as shortages, overages, and all inventory levels daily for replenishment and to reduce inventory discrepancies
• Keep accurate records of inventory levels and location for easy retrieval
• Maintain a record of all transfers and disposal
• Oversees physical inventory counts
• Develops and implements the tracking of on-time receipts, put away accuracy, picking accuracy, replenishment performance, and quality accuracy
• Communicates directly to the operations team on any out of stock products, and or miss-picks to determine scope of impact on the business.
• Partners with the operations team to create and implement best practices to optimize workflow and footprint
• Responsible for co-ordination and execution of stock taking & audit activities
• Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are established and maintained
• Performs miscellaneous duties, which are work-related, other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Appropriate business qualification or proven experience within a FMCG/Pharma environment
• Proven work experience as a Stock Control, inventory manager or similar role
• IT literate to intermediary level
• Good understanding of supply chain procedures
• Excellent analytical skillsets
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Pragmatic approach to problem solving in a timely fashion
• Good keen eye for detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Good business knowledge and understanding
• Perform inventory management according to company policies.
• Ownership and responsibility for achieving personal growth and development for the team.
• High energy and self-motivated, and confident of leading change
• Positive/personable attitude at all times.
• Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to assist.
• Look for ways to continually improve current work activity.
• To be punctual, polite, and courteous to others at all times.
• To adhere to the Company’s policy and procedures at all times.
• Demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm, and passion
• Grade A-D in Maths and English
Experience & Competences
• Experience as a stock control Manager, receiver, or related position
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
• Capable of working to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Able to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
• Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent verbal & written skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong decision-making skills able to make decisions under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple projects as well as being able to set prioritise in order to address as they arise
• Highly motivated, professional, and self-disciplined able to work on own initiative
• Positive attitude and flexible approach to work
• Able to integrate well as part of a team
• Reliable and punctual
Before you complete this form
Please download and complete the Waymade job application form using the link below. The completed application must then be attached to this form.
Download the Waymade job application form